Image of four doctors standing together

Your RA Care Team

These pros will be with you every step of the way.

Rheumatologist: Doctor who specializes in treating RA and other forms of arthritis.

Nurse practitioner / physician assistant: Provides routine care and education.

Rheumatology nurse: Specializes in the care of those with rheumatic disease.

Physical therapist: Teaches you proper exercise techniques.

Occupational therapist: Teaches you how to perform daily activities more easily.

Orthopedic surgeon: Doctor who specializes in surgery to repair joints and tendons.

Primary care professional: Healthcare provider who checks your overall health and coordinates care with your rheumatologist.